Pages

Welcome!

This blog details the learning journey to complete the Edublogs Teacher Challenge 2011. It is a conversation about being a beginner blogger so it may prove to be a little too self-deprecating at times for some readers!

This blog is about blogging - setting up a brand new blog, making decisions about design and appearance, and learning how to use the Blogger interface as well as the slightly different Edublogs interface. So it will also discuss the decisions made for the design and operation of my professional blog which is Applied Chaos Theory (hosted at Edublogs).

I hope that by journalling about my learning journey in the world of teacher blogging it may provide some small encouragement to other teacher bloggers as they begin their own learning journey in this new collaborative/connected world!

Monday, January 17, 2011

The collaboration process

Only a week into the challenge and I have already learnt so much... probably about 0.1% of what there is to learn about blogging for teachers!
@2sparkley continues to mentor me across a range of communication tools - leaving comments here and sending direct messages on Yammer... amazing generosity of spirit! Her latest tip was in regard to my previous post. I had copied the whole URL for dvolver and she recommended I restrict the text to just its name rather than the ugly, whole URL within the post! I love all the finer points being provided by my visitors!
It's also fun to visit the blogs of other teachers on the challenge and encourage them in their journey - new connections everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment