Pages

Welcome!

This blog details the learning journey to complete the Edublogs Teacher Challenge 2011. It is a conversation about being a beginner blogger so it may prove to be a little too self-deprecating at times for some readers!

This blog is about blogging - setting up a brand new blog, making decisions about design and appearance, and learning how to use the Blogger interface as well as the slightly different Edublogs interface. So it will also discuss the decisions made for the design and operation of my professional blog which is Applied Chaos Theory (hosted at Edublogs).

I hope that by journalling about my learning journey in the world of teacher blogging it may provide some small encouragement to other teacher bloggers as they begin their own learning journey in this new collaborative/connected world!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Navigation

Visiting other teacher blogs and navigating around them is a sure way to make you realise the mistakes you've made in the design of your own blog! I realised it was difficult for a visitor to return to the HOME page of this blog and also that a first time visitor was not immediately presented with a raison d'etre (a reason for being!). So back to the design interface and another text gadget added to introduce the blog at the top of the home page.
Creating this gadget was easy, however it took a bit of click and drag to pull the page wide gadget up to the top of the page below the page navigation gadget. I think it works well and is a better way to help a visitor remain engaged - depending on the reason for their visit.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about being able to easily return to the home page of a blog. When I discover a new blog I spend a lot of time reading the archives and I often need to get my bearings and return to the current page. I'm looking forward to your further discoveries as you travel the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete