Pages

Welcome!

This blog details the learning journey to complete the Edublogs Teacher Challenge 2011. It is a conversation about being a beginner blogger so it may prove to be a little too self-deprecating at times for some readers!

This blog is about blogging - setting up a brand new blog, making decisions about design and appearance, and learning how to use the Blogger interface as well as the slightly different Edublogs interface. So it will also discuss the decisions made for the design and operation of my professional blog which is Applied Chaos Theory (hosted at Edublogs).

I hope that by journalling about my learning journey in the world of teacher blogging it may provide some small encouragement to other teacher bloggers as they begin their own learning journey in this new collaborative/connected world!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More pages?

Either my logic had failed me or adding a page to a blog in blogger is NOT user-friendly! I did not think to look on the POSTING page then click Edit Pages and then Create a new page! So I had to use the Help facility and found buzz.blogger - a handy place to visit... and may be needed in the future.

So now I have created a gadget to be able to navigate back to the HOME page and have also added an ABOUT page - which will have to wait for some text.

I have also added another gadget to list the links of other blogs that I am finding have been created by other teachers completing the Edublog Teacher Challenge 2011. On twitter this evening there was one mentioned from a teacher in Indonesia and it was great to visit and read and leave a comment.

When I returned here to add the link for this new found blog I was amazed to find that my Clustr Map had been updated and there were DOTS ON IT! Amazing! Of course it is probably just visits from people who navigate here via the "next blog" button... but hey - they're visitors too!

No comments:

Post a Comment